Sunday 27 September 2015

My Representation

What group(s) do you belong to?
I think I fit into the Aspirant and Mainstream tribes.

Why?
Mainstream-
Well, I'm not going to lie, I listen to Capital FM every morning while getting into my Jack Wills attire. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a 'fangirl' but no Instagram post put up by Sam Smith goes unliked (I also managed to get a photo with his band after a gig).


Aspirant-
Now, I do have pretty much all social media accounts, but I don't actually use them properly. 'Tumblr kids' is a trait of an Aspirant tribe, and I do have a tumblr blog, however I just use it for mindless entertainment when I can't sleep at night. Even so, I would include myself as a Tumblr Kid because the website is a nightmare to figure out and I spend hours at a time reblogging silly puns.




What media figures do you identify with?
I'd say I identify with Sam Smith. He is a sensitive person, loves to be with his family and once determined to accomplish something, he never looks back (eg. his music career and his weight loss). Sam Smith is also a LBGT+ advocate, which I too fully support, and can dress up as effortlessly as he dresses down which is a trait I possess.  






Do you consciously model yourself on any media figures?

I'd say a lot of my image comes from Tori Kelly (singer) as she dresses quite modestly and has a similar body shape to me. 
For the 2015 VMA's, she pulled off a stunning playsuit which is similar to one I wore to prom. I wish my hair was like hers but its unfortunately very thin and not full of volume so outfit similarities will have to do! 



I'd also like to thank pop/punk princess Avril Lavigne for my converse obsession, currently on 8 pairs... But they're comfy so who's complaining? The 'Avril Lavigne phase' every young girl goes through lasted about 6 years for me, but I've grown out of the studs, the pink skull and crossbones and the wild hair dye now, although the converse aren't going away that easily!





No comments:

Post a Comment